This week, the school marked national anti-bullying week with a focus in assemblies, in class discussions and in Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) lessons.
Some of the activities engaged in by pupils included:
- reviewing the school anti-bullying policy (written by pupils in 2014)
- identifying where the "Safe use of technologies agreement" links to anti-bullying
- talking about empathy and how we spot each others' emotions
- knowing the mnemonic "STOP" (Several Times On Purpose) to understand the difference between falling out and being bullied.
- considering the responsibility of everyone for reporting bullying, and who they feel confident to tell.