The PE and Sport Premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. The government is spending over £450 million on this funding over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016.
Muskham Primary School receives £8,585.00 in PE and Sports Premium.
£6,460 is spent on 1 hour of weekly specialist PE teaching for Years 1 to 6 with Mr Chris Lindley.
£800 is spent on staff development
£845 is spent on sporting equipment and resources
£400 is spent on subsidising coaching of teams and extra-curricular groups.
£80 is spent on membership of the Newark Area Sports Network which provides access to sports leagues.
The Pupil Survey evaluates the impact of this funding. The most recent results say that:
- 96% of pupils enjoy coach-led PE
- 77% of pupils believe they learn more from the coach than from their teacher alone
- 90% of pupils say that the coach-led sessions improve their confidence in sport
- 86% of pupils say that the coach-led sessions increase their desire to try out new sports outside school
- 100% of pupils who participated in catch-up swimming found their confidence and abilities had improved